Grammar Project Manila
The Grammar Project is a workshop series that aims to build language confidence by integrating precise grammar and internationally recognized syntax across speaking and writing skills. It uses global standards, premier tools and diligent methodology for effective English language learning.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grammar and Chocolate Cake

Over dinner one time, I was sitting in a booth-seat and saw a standee perched on top of the red checkered table cloth. It said:

half-baked chicken

Unless the day's special also came with a side-serving of salmonella, I thought.

I don't know about others but I do want a fully-baked chicken. Because I couldn't resist, I pointed it out to our server and she asked for the manager. I mentioned that the way it's written makes it sound like the chicken is not cooked well. How about writing it "1/2 Baked-Chicken?" or "Half Baked-Chicken.'He studied it and took note of it then thanked me for my feedback.

Less than a minute later our server comes back with an open menu and asks what dessert I wanted. Perplexed, I told her we didn't order for one.

She smiled and said, "It's on the house. Our manager appreciates your comment which we will forward to marketing. We would like to thank you for helping us out."

I got a slice of chocolate cake.

Awesome.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License. All illustrations, photos and written material on this site are COPYRIGHT by Grammar Project. No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission of Grammar Project Manila.